Day 31:

Date: May 2, 2015
Progress: 23.6 miles - Cottonwood Creek Bridge @ mi 534.9 to Tehachapi Willow Springs Rd. @ mi 558.5

Woke up early today even though I went to bed at 11:30 last night to beat the notorious heat of the Mojave. I hiked to the first shady spot 7 miles away, and then to another shady spot 8 miles from there, took a break and ate food and waited for it to begin getting cooler, then did the remaining 9 miles to the road. 

Tucker was waiting at the road crossing in a car he'd rented and took me to the airport in Tehachapi. They were offering PCT hikers camping and use of the pilot's lounge for $5. I got there, took a shower, then ate at a mexican restaurant. 

I was so tired at the restaurant that I almost fell asleep in my plate. I'd walked just under 41 miles in the last 24 hours. Also, Tucker was the first human I'd seen in that time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment