Days 28-29:

Date: April 29-30, 2015
Progress: 0 miles - stayed at Casa de Luna

I took two zero days at Casa de Luna. I've been amazed by the hospitality and generosity that I've received from Terrie and Joe. They are definitely true trail angels. 

I've had pancakes every morning and taco salad each night. There is a cool outdoor shower and there are a bunch of couches and chairs. Terrie and Joe are very laid back. I've had some of my best sleep in the manzanita forest behind their backyard. 

On my second zero day I went with Terrie to Santa Clarita to help with her errands. She also brought me to a sporting goods store, where I bought a replacement hydration bladder. At the store we bought bulk amounts of taco salad ingredients and soda for the house and the oasis cache. We got lunch at Panda Express, which, needless to say, was divine. I miss having Chinese food readily accessible. 

Tomorrow I'm going to make my way around a portion of the trail that is closed because of fire damage. 

Patriot, Deadweight, Runner, and Box Score

No comments:

Post a Comment