Day 32:

Date: May 3, 2015
Progress: 8 miles - Highway 58 crossing (mi 566.5) to Tehachapi - Willows Springs Rd. (mi 558.5)



Today I woke in Tehachapi, had a nice Reuben Sandwich for breakfast, then emptied my pack for today's hike. Tucker brought me from Tehachapi to Highway 58, where I "slackpacked" the 8 miles in between the two roads.




It was a pleasant and non challenging walk with one big uphill in the beginning and then a long gradual downhill cruise into the Tehachapi Willows Springs Rd. With only a couple snacks and some water in my pack, my load was lighter than it will ever be. Some day hikers that I passed on the hike ended up giving me a ride back into town to the airport.




Once back in Tehachapi, Tucker and I reunited with Chewie, and we met with Tucker's shoe sponsor. We made a pit stop at the dollar store so that I could buy food for my resupply, then headed to Stallion Springs, CA, where the shoe company put the three of us up in Woodward West, a skateboarding camp with a hotel. We have the entire place to ourselves tonight, and the ceilings in the hotel room are wonderfully high.



We had pizza and Chewie and I lounged in the hotel room while Tucker got interviewed on camera about the shoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment