Day 41:

Date: May 12, 2015
Progress: 21.3 miles - Chimney Creek Campground (0.5 miles off of PCT mile 680.9) to Kennedy Meadows General Store (0.7 miles off of PCT mile 702.2)






The hike into Kennedy Meadows today had Tucker, Chewie, and I feeling like we had had enough of the soft, difficult to walk in sand and the dryness of the desert. We did see the South Fork Kern River, which was by far the most on trail water that we've come across in the first 700 miles of hiking.


When we arrived at the KM General Store, we got "clapped in," as is tradition for everyone finishing out the southern CA desert. The hikers sitting on the porch of the store erupted in cheering and applause as we approached.




My first order of business was to down a pint of Cherry Garcia, then I dealt with my resupply box, and packed up my bear canister for the first time. It was difficult fitting 7 days worth of food inside.





Sneaking up on Chewie



No comments:

Post a Comment