Day 59:

Date: May 30, 2015
Progress: 23.3 miles - Carter Meadows Trail tentsite (mi 1321.5) to North Fork Feather River (mi 1344.8)

Today I woke up and hiked to the Highway 36 crossing, about 14 miles. From there I managed to use the cell reception to get in touch with Chewie and Backtrack, who had hitched into Chester, CA on the highway to resupply. I had enough food to make it to Old Station already, so I just asked them to bring me a milkshake.

I passed by the PCT midpoint this morning, which is a special moment for most hikers, but it wasn't my real midpoint because of the miles we skipped. Even still, it was cool to see the monument. 

I waited for them for about an hour at the road, and then we hiked on. We met a few southbound section hikers and a couple northbound ones, and ended up camping with Turbo and Rockbottom at the North Fork Feather River.


No comments:

Post a Comment