Day 78:

Date: June 18, 2015
Progress: 7.8 miles - Mt Ashland Campground (mi 1717.7) to I-5 and Ashland (mi 1725.5)

Today I covered the short and downhill distance into town quickly, and hitched into Ashland, OR, which was one of the biggest towns I've seen in a while. When we arrived, Chewie and I tried to find a motel or hotel or hostel, but literally every place in Ashland was totally booked. There must have been something going on, because we tried 12 or 13 different places and none of them had rooms of any kind.

I got lunch, a haircut, and went to the post office in Ashland, and ended up doing a lot of walking around with my pack on. Then I took city buses to Medford, where Chewie had booked a motel room. There I did my grocery shopping and went to the motel. I didn't end up getting to take off my pack until about 4:30. It's frustrating when town days don't end up being rest days.

Tomorrow I have the chore of getting back to the trail all the way from Medford. 


No comments:

Post a Comment