Day 10:

Date: April 11, 2015
Progress: ~9.2 miles - Idyllwild to Deer Spring Trail to PCT @ mi 183.4 to tentsite & mi 187.6

While only walking on the PCT for 4.2 miles, getting there was difficult. Julia, Bentley, and I walked from the inn this morning through Idyllwild to the Deer Spring Trail, which was an option for getting back to the PCT. It was 4 miles of steep ascent, covering the 3.5k of upward elevation.

My short day of walking yesterday and the time I spent relaxing in Idyllwild yesterday and today were beneficial, and I felt good on our hike today. I am also pleased so far with my new shoes that I sent to Idyllwild, as my old ones were starting to lose their tread, and we're giving me large amounts of blisters. My new Altra running shoes with lots of cushion and lots of toe space feel like they are an improvement. Tomorrow I'll see how they hold up over a longer day. 

The scenery of today's hike was decidedly more deciduous than the earlier hiking of the desert, which was above change of pace. There were beautiful trees and lots of giant pine cones. 

I had Mountain House chicken breast andashed potatoes for dinner tonight. Mmmmm...

Our cabin at the inn^
We saw the first snow on the trail so far!!





No comments:

Post a Comment