Day 3:

Note: my day 1 post never went up but it should be up now. I didn't realize that it hadn't successfully published. 

Date:
April 4, 2015
Progress: 20.3 miles - Burnt Rancheria Campground (mi 41.4) to some space behind some bushes on a windy ridge (mi 61.7)

It's cold on this ridge but I had a good day. Still hiking with Matt, Keenan, and Michael, who are excellent hiking partners. We are cowboy camping (no shelter) tonight because there's no space for a tent and the wind is quite strong so I'm pretty sure I can't set up my tent solidly enough to have it stay up all night. 

It's hard to believe that I've only been hiking for 3 days. It feels much longer.

My feet were absolutely destroyed after yesterday's hike. I spent 25 mins this morning taping them up, and thankfully they didn't worsen much over today. They are still sore in a musculoskeletal way and covered with blisters. I'm looking forward to a point where my feet can handle the big miles.

Tomorrow we are hitting one of the longest sections yet that is totally waterless. We'll have to hitch into Julian to get water at PcT mile 77. Hitching is annoying, but there's free pie in Julian for through hikers! 




No comments:

Post a Comment