Day 5:

Date: April 6, 2014
Progress: 18 miles - tentsite (mi 83.1) to Barrel Springs (mi 101.1)
Might do more...

This morning was cloudy, windy, and cold, so naturally we got an early start. I hiked faster than I had on most of the trail, going just under 11 miles by 10:00 am. I took one long break at about 10:15, then finished the remaining 6.5 miles to get to Barrel Springs, which was the first water source since Julian (24 dry miles!).

I'm here at Barrel Springs (mi 101.1) now taking a mid afternoon rest. We may camp here for the night and do the remaining 9 miles to Warner Springs in the morning, or we may push on another couple miles this evening. (As if an 18 mile day wasn't enough.)

Cave^
Seen at mile 100!
I'm out here wildin', one-oh-one mile-in'
That's 101 miles of facial dirt. Mmmm



No comments:

Post a Comment